Originally launched in the UK by Grace Dearborn in 1988 and subsequently a subsidiary of the leading multinational General Electric, Sentinel has operated independently since 2005, expanding its international reach. We attribute much of our success to our field based customer support teams supported by the dedicated staff at our headquarters in the North-West of England and at our international offices around the globe.
Headquartered on the Daresbury Business Park, adjacent to the M56, we are backed by Private Equity investors and are structured through 6 legal entities and 3 registered branches, in France, Germany and in Italy. If you're interested in joining the team, our current vacancies are listed below.
Location: UK, Daresbury Head Office
Start date: 01.02.20
Pre-requisite: full clean driving license
Experienced chemical laboratory technician qualified to (BTEC) level or above. Ideally with experience of water treatment industry with additional formulation experience
To assist in research and developments projects with particular emphasis on product development and testing that involves:
- Performing laboratory tests using in-house testing equipment in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Preparation of laboratory samples and prototype products
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses, preparing specimens and samples
- Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example pH meters, conductivity meters, centrifuges, mechanical stirrers etc
- Ensuring the laboratory consumables are well-stocked and resourced efficiently
- Recording of experimental data in lab book and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues
- Using computers and performing calculations for the preparation of product formulations
- Ensuring the laboratory and chemical store is well organized and maintained in clean & tidy manner
- Assist in monthly housekeeping & risk assessments of laboratory and stores
- Following and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures and safety checks
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01928 704 338 to discuss or to express interest.